If you are dealing with an unexpected wrist injury or have chronic pain in your arms and hands due to repetitive activities or injury, you should consider seeing a chiropractor. In most cases, people end up relying on painkillers for immediate relief, and that’s surely not a recommended solution. Or they opt for hand or wrist surgery which, studies have shown, may not be in your best interest in the long run. Contrary to the common belief, the benefits of chiropractic care extend beyond treatment of neck and back pain. Here are the ways in which chiropractic care can help with hand and wrist pain.
- Help with bone realignment. For example, there are 8 bones in your wrist. Pain in the arm can be a result of stiffness in the neck, upper back or the wrist. A hand and wrist chiropractor can help figure out where the pain is coming from and decrease hand pain considerably. However, it largely depends on the diagnosis. If the pain is associated with pinched nerves in the spine, your chiropractor can help in realigning the same.
- Reduce pain. Chiropractic care is extremely beneficial for reducing dysfunction and inflammation associated with hand pain. Patients, who suffer from chronic conditions such as carpal tunnel and arthritis, often rely on chiropractic care to get immediate relief as well as corrective care. Depending on the condition, chiropractors can also use muscle stimulation, ultrasound and other therapies to relieve the pressure in hands and wrists.
- Improve range of motion. If you are into fitness or play games that cause stress on your arms and wrists or you spend lots of time typing in front of your computer, you should consider visiting a chiropractor consistently. They can help in minimizing the stiffness, which can significantly improve your range of motion, especially when you want to improve the flexibility of your muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Get better with fitness. We all know that chiropractic care is great for professional athletes and weekend warriors. Even if you don’t have pain in your arms and hands, your chiropractor can teach you ways in which you can add more hand and wrist mobility so your gym workouts with dumbbells and barbells will be easier. They will also show a few exercises, which will help with specific conditions of the hand and wrist bones and muscles.
- Accelerate your healing process. Chiropractic care for hand and wrist injuries can help in speeding up the recovery process. You will see a considerable difference in your pain and range of motion, even when you are not taking any over-the-counter medications.
If you have any questions related to chiropractic care regarding hand and wrist pain, please email us at chiroFX to know more.